History Brief of I.Learn from my viewpoint


I.Learn Center is the brainchild of Carl Consulta, a colleague of mine teaching at St. Paul University Quezon City. He broached to me the name that he envisions for a new training company – I.Learn. He asked me what I thought about it and I said its simple and catchy enough. I will help design a logo for him. We worked around with the idea at that time and it developed into a potentially lucrative venture for those who have the money. He attached I.Learn to his other company Medtrans Outsourcing Systems Technologies, Inc. (MOST). Through some of his acquaintances and incorporators, they were able to find an investor who was willing to shell out some money for I.Learn. Profits would be on a percentile basis for the investor and for MOST.

I served as Marketing Director for I.Learn San Mateo but spent only a couple of months in that company because of some personal falling out between Carl and the investor. Their disagreements reached huge proportions that in the end they have to settle in court. I did not stay as the Marketing Director out of loyalty to Carl since he’s still a colleague of mine at St. Paul, where we both work as part time teachers. Carl later found another investor and I.Learn Center Anonas (at Quezon City) was born. Carl retained the proprietary rights to I.Learn while the San Mateo Branch became Global Career Access Technology Institute (GCATI). The dispute between Carl and GCATI are still being heard at court as of the time of writing. Again, as Marketing Director of I.Learn Anonas, I presented a basic Marketing Plan to the new investors and spearheaded the advertising campaign. Carl and I selected a strategic location for the center and I helped in the acquisition of their computers and build their network infrastructure.

You could say that I really believe in the success of the company. Unfortunately, I am not an incorporator of MOST and hence I have no real stake in I.Learn. I am just an employee, so to speak, but Carl and I are the brains and the real ones running the business. The company got a lot of good breaks with the help of the investors and some of their political ties. It is expanding to a lot of areas and the trainees are currently numbering more than a thousand now. I.Learn has received numerous awards: 2009 Outstanding Career Training Center at the 27th Annual PEOPLE’S CHOICE Awards and the 2008 Most Innovative Tutorial & Training Center, 10th Annual GLOBAL EXCELLENCE AWARDS given at Bangkok, Thailand.

I sincerely regret leaving the company; I know Carl and I can cook up more things together but I also have to think about the future of my family. Although I.Learn opens up new horizons and brings exciting challenges for me, I feel that the company is financially unsupportive. Make no mistake though, I'm not saying money is everything but it sure does put food on the plate. I still believe in I.Learn and I hope it keeps on growing and growing.

Good luck Carl, Josie, Mam Tates and the rest of the I.Learn family. Miss you guys. For inquiries: visit www.ilearncenter.info or call up 912-1009 or 0922-8-ilearn.

Below is a pic during I.Learn's opening. Visit http://www.shareapic.net/users/sinanju/ for more.

0 comments:


ShoutMix chat widget
free counter